WebCon is an affordable three-day conference for web designers, developers, social media marketers, content managers, and other web professionals within higher ed and beyond.
Peak Productivity and Continuous Improvement
Thursday, April 5th, 1:30 pm – 2:30 pm
Download slides: View on Google Drive
Do you ever get to the end of your workday and wonder where the day went? Even worse, do you have days where you feel like you didn’t get anything done?
Ivy Lee’s proven technique will help you achieve peak productivity while boosting your confidence and overall happiness at work. This session takes a 100-year-old productivity hack and uses modern tools and gamification to make it even more accessible for the average person.
From there, we’ll learn about the 80/20 principle and how continuous improvement (the act of making lots of tiny but incremental good choices) will give you a leg up on your competitors while making you a genuinely happier person.
In this session you’ll learn:
- Why the Ivy Lee Method works and how to apply it.
- How to track your progress and encourage success with free tools.
- The most helpful questions to ask yourself each day.
- How to set realistic goals and track accomplishments.
- How to get in the habit of making lots of small improvements each day.
- Suggestions to implement these techniques for the whole team.
From the WebCon sessions page.